2019/2020 Academic Year
Bunso Cocoa College, Accredited by National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX) is offering a Two (2) year Diploma programme.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for admission to the Diploma programme at the Bunso Cocoa College from January 2019.
1.0 Faculty of Agriculture and Rural Development
Diploma in Cocoa and Coffee Agronomy and Extension
2.0 Minimum Entry Requirement
Students with basic senior high school education, GCE O' level or its equivalent, mature and foreign students are eligible.
Candidates must have:
2.1 Credits in THREE  SSSCE/WASSCE Core subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies. In addition,
- Science Students: Credits in THREE  SSSCE/WASSCE Elective subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Elective Mathematics.
- Agricultural Science Students: Credits in THREE  SSSCE/WASSCE Elective subjects: Chemistry, General Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Crop, Elective Mathematics and Physics.
- Arts Students: Credits in THREE  SSSCE/WASSCE Elective subjects: Economics, Geography, Government and Elective Mathematics.
- MoFA Certificate in Agriculture
- Science Students: Credits in TWO  GCE O level Elective subjects: Chemistry, Biology and Physics and passes in THREE  GCE A level elective subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
- Agricultural Science Students: Credits in TWO  GCE O level Elective subjects: Agricultural Science, Physics and Chemistry.
- Arts Students: Credits in TWO  GCE O level subjects: Economics, Geography, Government, and Business Management.
3.0 HOW TO APPLY
- Purchase an Application Form from the Bunso Cocoa College Main Office, Cocoa Health and Extension Division (CHED) Head Office, and all CHED Regional Offices in the Eastern, Western North & South, Central, Volta, Ashanti and Brong Ahafo regions.
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2018
5.0 Cost of Application FormsGhanaian Applicants - GHC 100
Foreign Applicants - GHC 200
Completed Application Forms should be sent to the following Address:
The admissions Officer
Bunso Cocoa College
P.O.Box 2, Bunso-Eastern Region Ghana
For further Enquiries, please contact us on:
Telephone: 055 813 0863 / 027 344 8529
DIPLOMA COURSE IN COCOA AND COFFEE AGRONOMY AND EXTENSION - REQUIREMENTS AND CURRICULUM
1.0 Name of Institutiion
Bunso Cocoa College
2.0 Name of Faculty
Faculty of Agriculture and Rural Development
3.0 Name of Department
Department of Agronomy and Extension
|1||Diploma in Cocoa and Coffee Agronomy||To be determined by NABPTEX|
|2||Diploma in Integrated Pest Management||To be determined by NABPTEX|
|3||Diploma in Extension and Rural Development||To be determined by NABPTEX|
5.0 Type of Affiliation
Bunso Cocoa College (B.C.C.) aims to use the Diploma in Cocoa and Coffee Agronomy and Extension programme to establish itself as a centre of excellence in the creation of practical knowledge in Ghana and other Cocoa growing countries.
To produce academically knowledgeable, practically, skilful, professionally competent and confident graduates with deeper understanding of effective agronomic principles in cocoa and coffee cultivation.
6.3 Aims and Objectives
The curriculum shall be designed to enable students upon the completion of the programme:
- Acquire adequate technical knowledge and skills in Cocoa and Coffee Agronomy
- Go into private Cocoa and Coffee production to create employment in the Cocoa industry
- Train and educate other farmers in Cocoa and Coffee agronomy
- Realise their aspirations in the Cocoa sector
7.0 Employment Prospects
Graduates of the programme will be opened to opportunities in the following institution:
- Ghana Cocoa Board
- Ministry of Food and Agriculture and allied Ministries
- Agricultural Research Institutes in Ghana and other countries
- Non-Governmental Organisations involved in Cocoa and Coffee projects
- Standard Boards
- Agricultural Colleges and Institutes
- Farmer Based Organizations (FBOs)
- Management of large scale Cocoa and Coffee farms/Plantations
- Licensed Buying Companies
- Partners in the Cocoa Value Chain
Additionally they could be self-employed in Cocoa and Coffee agro based enterprises.